Sunday 19 May 2013

Product Review - Josie Maran Argan Oil, Is it better than the other Argan Oil?

I have used the Josie Maran Argan Oil from Sephora for nearly a year now. I was so excited about it during the first 2 months that I was practically telling all my friends about it. It is THAT amazing.



For those who are new Argan Oil, here is a pretty good description on what it is on the Sephora's site:


What it is:
A lightweight oil that can be used as a daily moisturizer or treatment for skin, hair, and nails.

What it does:
This 100% Pure Argan Oil is a legendary oil that's rich in vitamin E and essential fatty acids, and grown organically in Morocco. With its multitasking benefits, Argan Oil can be used for many areas including hydrating and nourishing skin, as a daily moisturizer, skin treatment, treating spilt ends, and softening cuticles. It's gentle enough to use on all skin types and is believed to help with skin conditions including acne. Argan Oil easily absorbs into skin to give you a youthful, dewy glow, and has astonishing healing, conditioning, and antiaging properties to keep your skin and hair nourished and revitalized and to keep you looking beautiful from head to toe.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
- Petrochemicals
- Phthalates
- GMOs
- Triclosan

What else you need to know:
100% Pure Argan Oil is first cold pressed to ensure the best quality, highest-grade oil. It is housed in a recyclable glass bottle and purchased from women's cooperatives in Morocco to support their social and economic welfare. These cooperatives work within a UNESCO biosphere reserve that ensures the protection and reforestation of Argan trees.

If you want a 100% natural product with no addictives and other chemicals, THIS is IT!

It is essentially a bottle of miracle that you can use practically from head to toe. I love it especially as a lip & hair moisturizer during the winter months.

Just like many others, I have a concern if the oil will cause breakouts. During my first few weeks of using it, it did not cause any breakouts, but subsequently, I had some breakouts. I am not sure if they are because of argan oil but I would recommend to use it sparingly on the face and apply it to wet face. Now, I use it on my face, once a week instead of twice a day like I used to.

The other question I had is if Josie Maran Argan Oil is better than the other Argan oil since it is a lot more expensive than those available in drug store. I have tried 2 other brands of cheaper Argan Oil from drug stores. I could not even bring myself to continue using them after trying it a few times. Somehow, they just lack the elegance and have a somewhat oily smell. I am not sure if the bottles I bought are bad or that they are generally not of the same grade as those at Josie Maran.

I highly recommend Josie Maran Argan Oil at Sephora even if the price is higher. The quality is definitely worth it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment