Monday 9 September 2013

Product Review: Dr Wu Intensive Acnecur Spot Treatment with BHA (Acnecur System) - clinically proven to clear blemishes and reduce blemish marks

I was transiting at Taiwan's Taoyuan International airport in Taipei when I first saw the Dr Wu series. At that time, I had a huge pimple by my right nose. It was seriously hideous! The sales lady at the store was kind enough to ask me if I want to try Dr Wu Intensive Acnecur Spot treatment on it.




What is it? 

Dr Wu is a brand of skincare products that is created by clinical professor and practitioner - Dr Wu Ying Jun with the National Taiwan Hospital University. The 15ml (5 fl oz) Intensive Acnecur Spot Treatment with BHA is part of the Acnecur System. The Intensive Acnecur Spot Treatment is a clinically proven formula that not only clears up blemishes but also reduces blemish marks. The treatment contains a blemish fighting complex (Bio-sulphur and Salicyclic acid) to reduce and prevent acne problems at all stages. It also contains high potency Niacinamide (B3) and Tranexmic Acid to even out skin tone and visibly reduce marks left behind by blemishes.

How much is it? 

I got mine for around C$20 at  Taiwan Taoyuan airport.

Where to get it? 

For future supplies, I will probably have to get it from www.amazon.com. It is retailing at US$35.50.

How to use 

Apply small amount to blemish area covering it in a thin layer. Use daily, one to three times.


My experience

Unlike most acne treatments, Dr Wu Intensive Acnecur Spot Treatment actually smells and feels quite good. It is a colourless gel like treatment. It takes a longer time than the Etude House AC Clinic Intensive Pink Powder Treatment to clear blemishes but it does a pretty good job in clearing up both the blemish and the scar.

My verdict

For a quick treatment, I recommend the Etude House AC Clinic Intensive Pink Powder Treatment. Once the acne is under control (i.e. dried up), I recommend using Dr Wu Intensive Acnecur Spot Treatment. Personally, I am not a fan of the smell from Etude House Intensive Pink Powder treatment. I will use it only if I have to since I don't like the smell to linger on my pillow and bed. Dr Wu Intensive Acnecur Spot Treatment does a pretty good job in removing acne scars which is a high plus for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment