Sunday 9 June 2013

Product Review - Biotherm Aquasource part of the aquaTRIO - Your 3-step deep hydration routine

Biotherm's Aquasource - 48h deep hydration replenishing gel is another one of my favourite moisturizers. I have used Biotherm's Aquasource a few years ago but stopped using it for a couple of years because the gel for Normal/combination skin was frequently sold out. It was with pure luck that I walked past the Biotherm counter at the Bay in Metrotown last week and it was selling the aquaTrio  gift set for C$45 + tax (Total value of gift set is $63; the Aquasource itself was sold for C$45 + tax!)


The Biotherm aquaTrio gift set consists of the Biosource hydra mineral cleanser, the Biosource toning lotion and Aquasource (the star moisturizing gel!). I don't normally go out of my way to get the cleanser or the toner but since the price of the aquaTrio gift set is the same as that of the Aquasource, why not?

With the aquaTrio, you can cleans, tonify and hydrate (the 3 essential daily steps) for a healthy, comfortable and radiant skin.

According to gift box, the 3 step deep hydration includes:

1. Cleanse with the hydra-mineral tonifying mousse Biosource enriched with balancing zinc. Cleanses and tones without drying skin out. Skin is instantly purified and balanced. From 7 days, it radiates with a healthy glow.

2. Tonify with the tonifying instant hydration lotion Biosource, enriched with Aquatoril, Mannose and thermal plankton cellular water for instant moisture. Impurities are visibly eliminated, skin is hydrated and prepared for Aquasource. The toner does not contain any alcohol, so the skin does feel quite hydrated.

3. Hydrate deeply with the replenishing gel Aquasource (the STAR product!) for a deep hydration on several cellular layers. Thanks to the association of thermal plankton cellular water and Mannose in a gel texture, 48 hour lastingly hydrated skin, plump feel and silky comfort all day long. I use the gel twice every day, so I cannot tell if it last for 48 hours but my face does not feel dry at all throughout the day.



My aquaTrio Experience

The cleanser is nice and gentle, my skin does not tight or dry after wash.  It has a nice mild scent.This is the 4th day I am using it but no "healthy glow" yet. The toner does not contain alcohol and the skin feels quite clean (especially after I see some "dirt" on the cotton pad) and hydrated. The aquasource (the moisturiser) is more like an emulsion than a gel (compared to H2O+ Face Oasis). It is more creamy in texture but feels light and super hydrating. I have no outbreak from this gel and its mild scent is refreshing. According to Biotherm's site, the fragrance is a refreshing mint and citrus fruits combined with Jasmine and Musk. I certainly could not describe the scent from smelling it.

My Verdict

The aquaTrio set is definitely worth getting. The products are great and it is definitely value for money! I will be going down to my nearest Bay outlet and stocking up on the set. Do note that the products last for 12 months once they are opened.

Updates on 14 July 2013

Just want to update that after using the Aquasource for slightly more than a month, I would not recommend using it every day together with the Clarins HP Sunscreen. I noticed that the combination has started clogging my pores and I am beginning to see some breakouts forming. I just switched back to the H2O+ Face Oasis last night and my face feels so much lighter and fresher.

The Aquasource is probably more suitable to be used on its own (without the sunscreen) or used once a week at night during summer where sunscreen is a must during the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment