Tuesday 16 July 2013

Product Review - Biosilk Silk Therapy Shampoo & Conditioner (from Costco)

Visited Costco last weekend and bought a set of Biosilk Silk Therapy shampoo and conditioner. The words "Silk Therapy" caught my attention. Honestly, I am still quite happy with the Nexxus Shampoo and Conditioner set I bought about a month ago from Costco but using the same shampoo and conditioner every day is kinda boring so I bought the Biosilk Shampoo and Conditioner. The two 34 Fl Oz (1006 ml) shampoo and conditioner were around C$30 + tax. C$10 cheaper than the Nexxus Shampoo and Conditioner set. Worth a try.




My experience

One of the most important thing to me for a shampoo is the smell. The Biosilk Silk Therapy Shampoo has a light floral scents since it is made of botanical extracts and herbs. Definitely smells better than the bubble gum smell for Nexxus Shampoo and the tropical smell for Marc Anthony's Macadamia Oil Shampoo. It has a nice transparent texture, bubbles up quite well though it does not feel as luxurious as the creamy Nexxus Shampoo. My hair definitely feels nice and smooth after shampooing. 

The silk therapy conditioner has a similar floral but has a creamy texture. It feels good upon application. Again, it does not feel as luxurious as the Nexxus conditioner but it smells nicer. 

It is relatively easy to comb and blow my hair after conditioner. 

My user experience can defintiely be improved with better packaging. The shampoo/conditioner container is rather huge (34 fl oz/1006 ml) so it is not as easy to pick up with wet and slippery hands in the shower. For that, I prefer the convenience of Nexxus Shampoo and Conditioner pump design. 

My verdict

I like the Biosilk Silk Therapy shampoo and conditioner set. My hair still feels light and silky after more than 12 hours. 

If I were to rank the 3 sets of shampoos and conditioner that I bought from Costco recently, it would be no. 2. My favourite is still the Nexxus Shampoo and Conditioner set. If you are getting only one set of Shampoo and Conditioner from Costco, I highly recommend the Nexxus combo. If that is not available or if you are looking for something cheaper, the Biosilk Silk Therapy will be a good alternative. 

Updates on 20 July 2013

I LOVE the Biosilk Therapy shampoo and conditioner set. My hair is super soft and silky after using the set for 3 days. It is currently my favourite shampoo and conditioner set in my bathroom. 

1 comment:

  1. Visited Costco last weekend and bought a set of Biosilk Silk Therapy shampoo and conditioner. modalert without prescription

    ReplyDelete