Thursday 6 June 2013

Product Review: Clarins UV PLUS HP Day SunScreen High Protection Emulsion SPF 40 Oil-free (100% Mineral screen)

The official date for summer is 21 June 2013. However, it definitely feels like summer is finally here in Vancouver as we enjoy more than 15 hours of sunshine from 6 am (maybe even 5 am, I don't know since I am still asleep) to 9:30 pm. Before I go crazy soaking myself in the sun, I have to remind myself to put on sunscreen. The cool breeze tend to make me forget how intense the sun is on a day with clear blue sky.

I just bought Clarins UV Plus HP Day Screen High Protection SPF 40 Oil Free sunscreen from Sephora yesterday after I noticed a layer of rosy and tanned skin on my cheeks after I removed my sunglasses. It was C$40 + tax.

Here are some information on Clarins Sunscreen:



It's a tiny white bottle (50ml/ 1.7 Fl Oz). C$40 sounds pretty expensive for such a small bottle. Honestly, you can probably get a Banana Boat or Neutrogena suncreen or even sunblock for twice the size for less than C$20! I was a little hesitant about getting it but since it is one of Sephora's favourite sunscreen and it has was almost a 5-star rating on Sephora's review, I decided to give it a go since I don't want to risk getting freckles etc on my face.

Just like everybody else mentioned, you don't need a lot. It's an emulsion. I literally used 2 drops on my whole face. I think that is definitely less than 0.5 ml per drop. I can easily use this for at least 3 months! It doesn't sound so bad after all.

According to Clarins, the Day Screen offers a high protection against UV rays, from an ultra-lightweight texture that leaves skin looking smooth, soft and matte. 100% mineral screen. Apply over regular day care. It is also allergy and ophthalmologist tested, non comedogenic.

I tried it today. True enough, it's super light and my face feels smooth and matte after application. After almost 8 hours, my face still feels matte. That is truly amazing. My face didn't feel dry or sticky. It is matte even after 8 hours.

Verdict:

This is definitely a SCREAMING BUY! If you have not found a good sunscreen for your face, give it a try! Chances are you will love it from the first application!

No comments:

Post a Comment