Sunday 21 July 2013

DIY Beauty from the Kitchen: Costco's Kirkland Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) as a hair mask

After a successful experiment with Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) as a lips, hands and feet moisturizer, I decided to try it on my hair as a hair mask. Did some research and tested it out last night.



My experience

I used 1 teaspoon of EVOO. I know most sites recommend 3-5 tablespoon of EVOO, but 1 teaspoon is plenty for my slightly longer than shoulder length hair.

First, I rubbed the EVOO on my palms to create some heat before applying it on my dry hair (before shampoo). I applyed the EVOO on the ends first before the rest of the hair. I did a little scalp message at the end to finish up all the EVOO on my hands. After that, I put on a plastic shower cap and watched a movie at home for the next 1.5 hours. I shampooed and conditioned as usual during my shower.

The whole process was fine except for the 1.5 hour shower cap portion. I was using one of those free shower caps from hotels and after 30 mins, it was beginning to irritate me and I have to adjust it few minutes. I will definitely buy a better shower cap for a better experience.

My verdict

After the surprise result from my earlier EVOO experience, I was definitely expecting more. I do not know if my hair was already in a great shape after the Nexxus and Biosilk shampoo and conditioner set or if the EVOO hair mask did not have any impact. My hair felt the same as they did the day before. The only difference I could see is that my hair seems to have more shine. If you want soft and silky hair, an easier way is to use the Biosilk shampoo and conditioner set but if you want more shine, try the EVOO hair mask.


No comments:

Post a Comment