Monday 15 July 2013

Product Review: Etude House AC Clinic Intense Pink Powder Spot (Pimple/Acne treatment)

I was super happy a week ago when I received a package from my sister. She was raving about a miraculous pimple/acne treatment - Etude House AC Clinic Intense Pink Powder Spot! She claimed that the pink powder spot was able to cure pimples that were about to come out when she applied the treatment to them overnight. Needless to say, I was looking forward to the package since the product is not sold in Vancouver. It is retailing at US$15 on www.amazon.com.

What is it?

Etude House AC Clinic Intense Pink Powder Spot is a pimple/acne treatment. It comes in a package that includes the AC Clinic Intense Pink Powder Spot (an over night treatment), the AC Clinic Intense Pink Powder Water (a day treatment) and Q-tips for application.

I wish I could tell you what the ingredients are but I could not read Korean and so I have no idea. I read from some other blog reviews on the product and they mentioned that the ingredients include salicyclic acid and sulphur powder. Quite possible but I don't know for sure and I am not unable to find the ingredient list from Etude's official website.


Directions

Pink Powder Spot (Night Treatment)

  • Do not shake before application 
  • Dip the Q-tip into the powder portion of the solution
  • Apply on acne/pimples
  • Let the pink solution dry before you go to bed (to avoid staining your pillows)

Pink Powder Water (Day treatment)

  • Shake the Pink Powder Water (Day treatment)
  • Dip the Q-tip into the solution
  • Apply on acne/pimples
  • Blend the white solution into skin before applying make up



My Experience

The night treatment is pink. Upon application of the Pink Powder Spot, my face feels nice and cooling. It feels and smells like calamine lotion (solution used to prevent itch when you have chicken pox or itch of any sort).

The  day treatment is white. It doesn't feel as nice and cooling as the night treatment but it definitely doesn't feel sticky like most pimple creams.

The treatment is MOST effective for spots that are just about to come out. The ones that you can feel the bump but cannot see the pimples yet. It seems to sooth the redness and nip problem in the bud. For pimples that are already full blown, it takes about 3-4 days before the pimples disappear completely. Still impressive compared to my current pimple cream (which takes at least 7 days). I can definitely see significant improvements day by day.

My Verdict

I am absolutely impressed with the effectiveness of the Pink Powder Spot! It is effective not just the pimples but also on lightening pimple scars. I have tried other pimple creams before but this is the most effective one I have tried. Even though it is just a small 5 ml bottle, I only used 1 Q-tip per day so the small bottle is probably enough to last for at least 6 months.

No worries for any important interviews or meetings that normally cause breakouts since the Pink Powder Spot can literally erase the spot overnight if spotted early. This is definitely my go to pimple solution from now on!



Useful links:

What causes adult acne and how to prevent it
Dr Wu Intensive Acnecure spot treatment with BHA


No comments:

Post a Comment