Wednesday 17 July 2013

DIY Beauty from the Kitchen: Costco's Kirkland Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) as a moisturizer for Lips, Hands and Feet

My lips were quite chapped recently because I have forgotten to apply lip balm with SPF. I was feeling quite uncomfortable but my favourite Josie Maran's Argan oil ran out and I was hoping to wait till the next Sephora VIB Sale to replenish my supply. I was in the kitchen when I saw the almost full 1.5L bottle of organic extra virgin olive oil that I bought from Costco some time ago. I wonder if this would work on my chapped lips. I didn't have much to lose so I gave it a try.




My experience

I poured a teaspoon of the extra virgin oil and applied the oil with clean finger on my lips. Since I had plenty of oil remaining, I applied some on my hands (still too much left) and I thought what the heck, might as well apply on my feet as well as knees and elbows. After a quick massage for my hands and feet, I wore a pair of white gloves from Body Shop and a pair of sports socks.


My verdict

Amazing. Seriously. My lips feel very moisturized. As a matter of fact, I think it worked just as well as Joise Maran's Argan Oil! It really didn't smell bad at all. Since it's extra virgin oil, it is even healthy if I lick it off my lips. After an hour, my hands feel moisturized, soft and hydrated. No sticky feeling at all. My nails feel quite hard. Hmm... Elbows and knees are nice and smooth. My feet feels light and smooth! Wow! I only used l teaspoon of extra virgin oil to get this. This is seriously true value for money. 100% pure with no addictives. The 1.5 L of Extra Virgin Oil was less than C$10 at Costco. Compare that with C$58 + tax for a small 50ml bottle of Joise Maran's Argan Oil . Less than $0.01/ml for extra virgin oil vs $$1.16/ml for Joise Maran's Argan Oil.

I wonder why it took me so long to try the extra virgin oil Time to get some small nice bottles to put the extra virgin oil in my bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment